1. Make sure all print jobs are complete and that no new print jobs are being submitted.
2. Double-click SERVICES in the PRINT CONTROL PANEL and stop the “Print Spooler” service.
3. Open the C:WINDOWSSYSTEM32SPOOLPRINTERS in My Computer.
4. Delete all files located in this folder. Files in the Printers are named xxxx.spl, xxxx.shd where xxxx is a hexadecimal number. Files with .shd and .spl extensions are printer files. Double-click Services in the Control Panel and start the “Print Spooler” services.
5. Re-print any print jobs AFTER you have determined what caused the stall: Was the job too big for your plotter's memory? If the failed plot was a PDF, try FLATTENING the file. (See my blog posting about flattening PDF's.)