· Cables: Buy a Bidirectional USB to Parallel Cable
· Ports: Choose the USB001 – NOT the LPT1 Port!
· ERRORS: Power on while holding Enter & UP or Enter & Cancel
· To Resuscitate Cartridges: hot water, wet towels, & shake
· Load Paper: Just like toilet paper -- Up and over and pull out arm’s length before inserting. Don't worry about the extra paper as your plotter will cut it off after the successful paper loading.
· Print to Scale: Use HP’s Zoom Smart -- And look at original document's properties to see what the original size is.
· Garages: Cartridge on Left and Cutter on Right - Don't start your plotter unless both are in place. Don't manually move the carriage unless the plotter is OFF. However, you CAN manually move the cutter anytime.
· Demo Prints: Via Menu or Setup & Cancel - A good way to tell if your problem is computer or plotter...run the demo print and if it prints ok the problem is caused by your computer or cable.
· Avoid Errors: Turn OFF Pen Checking on Plotter Setup -- this is especially true of the 600, 650 and 750 Designjets.
· Electrical: Leave plotter on BUT use a surge protector! Your plotter hibernates and doesn't use power unless it is actually processing and printing.
· Speed: A 64 bit computer makes the printing faster -- Twice as fast as an older 32 bit processor.
· Things The Plotter Princess can't be responsible for:
o Reading the manual for you
o Googling your problem – You can do it, too…
o Setting up your network
o Setting up your computer and software
o Figuring out how to print to scale
o The plotter bouncing in the back of your truck
o Your staff not being able to figure it out